Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Meditation

Meditation is truly an art. I want everyone to think about this for a moment. For our spiritual exercise, the Belmont Presidents, took an hour to meditate and be in complete silence. Prior to this task day, I would never have guessed that being totally silent and still would be so difficult. For the first 20 minutes or so, I just sat there thinking to myself that I needed to quit thinking in order to calm myself and clear my mind, so I could properly meditate. As you can imagine this was a bad cycle, because I wanted to calm down, but couldn’t stop myself from thinking about it. Finally, after a certain point, I felt myself becoming calmer and began to appreciate meditating. It was incredibly relieving and relaxing with a sense of being both in complete control and out of control at the same time. Meditating will happen in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment