Thursday, February 4, 2010

Mental Workout!

Goal: To braoden my knowledge of other reading styles. It also helped me take time to read something else besides my academic works. Sometimes it feels like thats all I have time for!

Josh's Article: Obama Administration May Take on BCS, SI.com

In this article, I learned that the Obama administration wants to change BCS to a playoff sysytem because of antitrust sysytem. Senator Hatch also got involved because his homestate was deprived a chance to play for the title. ( unpure motives perhaps??) It amazes me what people want the government to get involved in!

Jessica's Article: A Missed Connection Leads to a Special Bond, Chicagtribune.com

A Canadian woman who was stranded at the airport was taken in by a complete stranger. The man took the woman back to his home and gave her dinner and a place to sleep. Tom Smith, who works at Chicago's National Opinion Research Center, commentes that sustained acts of altruism like this one are rare. Not only does it renew my faith in humaity, but makes me introspect about my willingness to help. Not often that we see things like this now!

Tyler's Article: From "Good" Magazine, "Unplugging" Your Life

The section of the magazine that Tyler had us read had all kinds of great facts about how to unwind and make you life easier. I read that we should get a seperate e-mail for "junk" mail like shopping coupons so we keep or personal life seperate. I learned a breathing technique where you breath through one nostril at a time and induces relaxation. Also, it made me think about rearranging my living space. This can help liven your mood and give you a new perspective. Lots of good stuff! The breathing exercise was especially helpful ( I need all the help I can when it comes to relaxing!).

No comments:

Post a Comment