During our first group task day we focused on our Mental wellness. We each brought in an article we thought was educational/beneficial to read. We met in class and went over to Bongo Java to read/discuss.
Tyler’s article was In Defense of Time Off was a very beneficial read that gave me some really good ideas when it comes to slowing down in life. According to the magazine, the definition of slow is to “focus on quality, authenticity, and longevity rather than a mindless adherence to the faster and cheaper ethos. Some ideas I took away from this were simplification. This could mean something as easy as giving up processed foods. I also really like the idea of having an a designated block of hours where you turn off gadgets. This means no phone, computer, or ipod. This will make you focus on more important things and actually help you stress out less.
Dawn’s article Want to Boost Your Memory? Try Sleeping on It was interesting and scientific. The article was about an experiment on how sounds can impact your memory when played in your sleep. What I took away from this article is that if I want to remember something I need to sleep within 12 hours of that information. Also, factual memories occur in deep sleep, not REM.
Josh’s article Justice Dept: Obama Administration may take action on BCS was the most current event type of article. It was interesting to read about a different side of our president and to learn more about the world of college football.
I really enjoyed this group task and I believe it was beneficial. In a way, it was relaxing to just sit at a coffee shop and read. Our group goal was to broaden our knowledge/perspective and believe we achieved just that.
No comments:
Post a Comment