Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A Rebirth?

Life isn't as serious as i'm far too often prone to take it. It hasn't dawned on me in a long while, but this last week i was hit with the reality like a mac truck. The stakes in life just aren't anywhere as high as I try and make them. I'm not the only one walking around with insecurities, a past of some level of "failure," and my ducks far from being in a row. Better yet, it's all going to be okay! In the midst of soul searching, navigating a new level of responsibility, and the uncertainty of my future, I recently managed to entirely squeeze the enjoyment out of life.

I walked in to a family counseling session last week, listened as the counselor presented this liberating way of thought towards our present dilemma, and everything changed.  It began this mini renaissance for me that everything else, from bumper stickers to chats with my wife, seemingly wants to reinforce.




In pursuit of emotional liberation, our group popped in Toy Story this last week and spent an hour giving life to our childhood again. I'm not sure it substantially awakened my inner child, but did do a fantastic job at reinforcing my "not-taking-life-so-seriously" rebirth.

No comments:

Post a Comment