Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I've gotta snake in my boot!

I cannot explain nor count how many times I wish I was back in middle school or even elementary school, where everything seemed so much simpler and overall much more relaxing. My greatest worry used to be if I would have enough time to play kickball with my friends and watch my favorite t.v. show on cartoon network. Now days, stress comes in the ugly form of assignment due dates, nightly commitments to one organization or another, social scenarios involving friends and cohorts, and whatever else the stress monster can throw at you in college.
For The Belmont Presidents emotional wellness task day, we wanted to release our inner-child for an hour of simple, childish fun. As I was watching Toy Story with my classmates, I realized that life is way too full of intense scenarios and serious situations. The students and individuals praised are those that take everything seriously and never take a break from the assignments and work given to them. We are a world revolving around one’s ability to work and properly function in a social setting, instead of worrying about personal happiness and overall wellness. While I think working hard is very important to a healthy life and society, we must never forgot about the importance of taking a break and remembering what it was like to be a kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment